Thursday, October 17, 2013

Body of Messiah


For the spirit to interact with the physical (realm) in a physical way, a vehicle is used. For man that vehicle is flesh (Gen.1:26-27;2:7). Every spirit comes forth from God and our bodies are but temples of the spirit that is self.
1 Thess.4:3-4
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
Lev.19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy (1 Pet.1:16).

Yeshua (Jesus) HaMashiach (the Messiah) is our example of what it is to be a holy temple. Yeshua is the sinless (unspotted) lamb of God.
Jn.2:19-21
"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body." (Heb.1:1-4/ Heb.2:14)


God's people make up the many membered body of Christ
Rom.12:1-5
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

The body is told NOT to have fellowship with instruments (temples) of fornication. 1 Thess 4:3-4/ 1 Cor.5:1-13/ Eph.5:3,10-11/ Heb.13:4/ (1 Cor.6:9-11/ Rev.21:8/ Rom.1:29-32/ 1 Jn.1:3-4/ Matt.5:29)

1 Cor.6 (13,18,20)
Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Col.3:5-6
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Jn.15:1-15
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.:)

Rev.3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
1 Cor.11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.


Lk.22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Cor.15:44-49
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
Jn.3:3,6
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Also suggest blog "Born Of Water" http://friendsnchrist.ning.com/profiles/blogs/born-of-water

No comments:

Post a Comment